New Local Plan
Issues and Scoping
The Issues and Scoping consultation was one of the first stages of producing our new Local Plan, and was the first stage of public participation.
- This was the first opportunity for residents, businesses and interested parties to help shape the new Local Plan by telling us what is important to you.
- We also wanted to make people aware of the increase in the scale of new development that the District is required to accommodate.
- The Local Plan Issues and Scoping document highlighted a number of key issues for the District and possible options to address them. It is designed to stimulate discussion.
- The Issues and Scoping document did not allocate specific sites for development.
The consultation ran from Monday, 26th January to 5 p.m. on Friday, 6th March 2015
Read and view comments made on the Local Plan Issues and Scoping document and its Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report on our consultation portal:
Pdf versions of the documents:
Drop in sessions
We held three drop in sessions from 4-8 p.m. at these venues:
- Tuesday 3rd February - Witham Public Hall (included Sustainability Appraisal presentation at 6 p.m.)
- Thursday 5th February - Halstead Queens Hall
- Wednesday 11th February - Braintree Town Hall