When you make a building control application, we will let you know the critical stages for your project.
To meet building regulations, you need to tell us:
- when you start work
- when you have finished work on a critical stgae
- when the work is complete
We will carry out a site visit and inspection for all of the critical stages.
We carry out site inspections Monday to Friday, between 10am and 2pm.
We can’t give you a specific time slot for your inspection, but will try to fit in with what is happening on site.
If you want a same day inspection, you will need to make your booking before 10am.
To book a site inspection, you will need:
- the name and contact details of the site contact
- the address of the site where you need the inspection
- information about the type of inspection you need
- your preferred inspection date
You can book a site inspection yourself, or ask your builder or architect completing the work to book it on your behalf.
You can book you site inspection by phoning or emailing our Building Control team.