Braintree District Local Plan 2033
The Braintree District Local Plan provides a vision/new planning framework for how the district will develop and grow between now and 2033, identifying the most sustainable locations to deliver local housing needs and supporting infrastructure, such as employment, community facilities, retail, leisure and transport. Preserving and enhancing our treasured heritage and character, the local environment, green spaces and tackling climate change is central to the plan. It allocates land for appropriate development, sets out strategic planning policies and an overall strategy to guide decisions on the location, pattern, scale, and quality of development and/or changes in the way land and buildings are used.
The Local Plan 2033 is in 2 sections.
- Section 1 is a strategic plan for North Essex. It was adopted on 22nd February 2021. It is shared with Colchester and Tendring Councils and covers all three authorities.
- Section 2 contains policies, maps and sites for development, housing, employment, regeneration etc within Braintree District Council. It was adopted on 25th July 2022.
The document is accompanied by the Proposals Maps:
- Local Plan S2 Maps 1 Braintree - 2 Witham Adopted 25th July 2022
- Local Plan S2 Maps 3 Ashen - 20 Cressing Tye Green Adopted 25th July 2022
- Local Plan S2 Maps 21 Earls Colne & White Colne - 33 Greenstead Green Adopted 25th July 2022
- Local Plan S2 Maps 34 Halstead - 52 Shalford Church End Adopted 25th July 2022
- Local Plan S2 Maps 53 Sible Hedingham - 67 Wickham St Paul Adopted 25th July 2022
- Local Plan S2 Maps 68 LCA, 69 Proposals Map & 70 Minerals Adopted 25th July 2022
Please see 'What is the Development Plan?' for further information.
Section 1 Background Documents
Section 2 Background Documents
Buy a Local Plan
Paper copies of The Local Plan 2033 are available to buy at £66.65 (inc all maps) + postage from:-
A paper copy is also available for reference at Causeway House and will soon be available at public libraries in Braintree District
Updated March 2023