The Salings Neighbourhood Plan
Regulation 18: In November 2020 Braintree District Council - in consultation with The Salings Parish Council appointed Mr Derrick Stebbing as independent examiner for The Salings Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 18) examination.
The following correspondence has been sent/received from the Examiner:
- 01/DAS/TSNP Examiner Procedural Matters and Questions - The Salings NP - 14th Dec 2020
- 01/TSPC/TSNP Parish Council response to Examiner - 14th January 2021
- 01/BDC/TSNP Braintree District Council response to Examiner - 15th January 2021
Braintree District Council received an application from Great Saling Parish Council and Bardfield Saling Parish Meeting to designate the parishes as a neighbourhood area under S61g of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended). As the application covered two parishes, a six week consultation period was undertaken.
The closing date for responses was 5pm on the 22nd December 2016.
The Area Designation was approved under delegated powers on 6th February 2017
Great Saling Parish Council and Bardfield Saling Parish Meeting combined to become The Salings Parish Council in April 2019 and are now working on a draft Neighbourhood Plan
Public consultation on the Draft Neighbourhood (Reg 14) Plan took place between 1st September and 31st October 2019
The Neighbourhood Plan was submitted under Regulation 15 to Braintree District Council in 2020
Braintree District Council has conducted a Regulation (Reg) 16 Consultation. The consultation took place between 28th September 2020 and 5pm on 9th November 2020
The documents published for consultation were:
- The Salings Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report
Updated March 2021