Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan
At a meeting of Full Council on e 16 December 2019, it was agreed at the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan should be “made” and become part of the development plan for Braintree District.
Please note at one of 2nd March 2020 Hatfield Peverel Parish Council agreed to alter the extent of the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Area to be coterminous with the new boundary of Hatfield Peverel Parish Council.
Appendix 5: Accompanying documents:
- Basic Condition Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Hatfield Peverel Site Assessments (2017)
- Hatfield Peverel Local Landscape Character Assessment (2015)
- Hatfield Peverel and Nounsley Character Assessment (2016)
In 2015 Braintree District Council received an application from Hatfield Peverel Parish Council to designate a neighbourhood area under S61g of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended). The application proposed at the neighbourhood area would cover Hatfield Peverel Parish.
In accordance with regulations set out in the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Braintree District Council consulted on the proposed neighbourhood area.
The Neighbourhood Plan application was designated by Cabinet on 30 March 2015. (Regulation 7)
The Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Planning Group produced a Draft Neighbourhood Plan and undertook a pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14)
Essex County Council, on behalf of the Braintree District Council produced an SEA screening Opinion of the draft, and statutory consultees were consulted on this document (Ending 12 August 2016).
A 6 week period of public consultation under Regulation 16 was undertaken by Braintree District Council between 9am on Monday 5 June to 5pm on Monday 17 July 2017.
- Consultation Statement
- Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan Reg 16
- Basic Condition Statement
- Neighbourhood Plan SEA Screening Report 2016
- Letter to Parish Council re Hatfield Peverel SEA Screening
Following the Regulation 16 Consultation Braintree District Council in consultation with Hatfield Peverel Parish Council appointed Mary O'Rourke as examiner of the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 17)
The following correspondence has been sent/received from the Examiner:
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 10/BDC/HPNP - 8 July 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 09/BDC/HPNP - 14 May 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 08/BDC/HPNP - 8 May 2019
- Ind Examiner Response 09/MOR/HPNP - 2nd April 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 07/BDC/HPNP - 27 March 2019
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 08/MOR/HPNP -18 January 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 06/BDC/HPNP - 15 January 2019
- Braintree DC Consultation Update letter 05/BDC/HPNP - 29 Nov 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 07/MOR/HPNP - 23rd Oct 2018
- Braintree DC - Natural England Response 04/BDC/HPNP - 16 October 2018
- Braintree DC - Natural England Response 03/BDC/HPNP - 1st October 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 06/MOR/HPNP - 28 August 2018
- Braintree DC letter to Examiner 02/BDC/HPNP - 8 August 2018
- Ind Examiner Consultation letter 05/MOR/HPNP - 15 June 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 04/MOR/HPNP - 10 April 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 03/MOR/HPNP - 26 March 2018
- Braintree DC letter to Examiner - Progress Update 01/BDC/HPNP - 19 October 2017
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 02/MOR/HPNP - 20 September 2017
- Hatfield Peverel PC Letter to Examiner - 13 September 2017
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 01/MOR/HPNP - 5 September 2017
Amendments were proposed to the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan as a result of responses to e Regulation 16 consultation in 2017.
A 6 week period of public consultation on e Focused Changes, undertaken by Braintree District Council, took place between 10 May and 5 pm on 21st June 2018 - consultation was on the three specific modifications, Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs).
To read the proposed changes and comments made during the consultation please see our consultation portal. Alternatively, the documents are available below.
- Focused Changes to the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Screening Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Environmental Report
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
Following the subsequent Regulation 16 and Focused Changes Consultation, additional work was undertaken.
A public consultation by Braintree District Council on the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan Post Submission Further Changes took place between 11 February & 5pm on 25 March 2019.
The three documents available for consultation were:
- The Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood – Post Submission Further Changes
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) & Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
- Basic Conditions Statement
The documents were also available at e Braintree District Council Offices and Hatfield Peverel Library.
The Council has produced an explanatory note covering the process undertaken since the submission of The Neighbourhood Plan.
The Examiner's report on the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Development Plan - Post Submission Further Changes version was received on 23rd July 2019.
The Council considered the report at cabinet on 9 September 2019.
Braintree District Council confirmed at the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan (The Plan) meets the basic conditions and other legislative requirements. The Plan proceeded to a Neighbourhood Planning Referendum on 28 November 2019
The documents below were also available at the Council’s main offices in Braintree - Bocking End, CM7 9HB and Hatfield Peverel Library.
- General Information Statement on Town and Neighbourhood Planning
- Summary of Representations
- Examiners Report
- Information Statement
- Decision Statement
- The Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum Version
- Notice of Referendum, Poll and Polling Stations
A referendum on the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan was held on 28 November 2019 - Declaration of Results
The result was presented to Braintree District Full Council on 16 December 2019
Updated 11 March 2020