Make a planning application

Apply for planning permission

Before you submit your application

Before you make your planning application check if you need planning permission

If you do need permission, we recommend you:

  • get an architect, a local planning agent, or a trade professional to make your application for you
  • get pre-application advice from us
  • speak to your neighbours about your proposal

Submitting your application

Supporting Plans and Documents

You need to submit the correct planning application form and supporting documents for the work you are planning to carry out.

If you submit the wrong form or any documents are missing, your application will not be valid. This will delay the application process, meaning it will take much longer for us to make a decision.

You can find out which plans and documents you need to submit with your application by using our local validation list.

Application fee

You need to pay the right fee when you submit your planning application, or it will not be valid. This will delay the application process, meaning it will take much longer for us to make a decision.

The amount you need to pay depends on the type of work you are planning to carry out. You can use the Planning Portal calculator to find out how much you need to pay.  

If you make your application through the Planning Portal you will need to pay the application fee online.

Apply online

You can make your planning application online using the Planning Portal.

The Planning Portal will guide you through the process so you can make the right application. 

Apply for planning permission

Apply by post

If you are unable to apply online, you can submit a planning application by post.

You can view a list of planning application forms on the Planning Portal, and print what you need. To find the form you need on the Planning Portal, you will need to enter your postcode or address.

You will need to send us the original and three copies of the application form and all plans and documents.

You will also need to pay the application fee.

Other Application Forms

There are also a number of consent types and application forms that are not currently available to submit on the Planning Portal's online application system, fee calculator or paper form chooser.  This means that these forms do not currently carry our specific contact details or branding but they can be completed electronically or manually and printed as normal.

The following application forms have been created for you to apply for specific applications or requests that are not available via the Planning Portal.

For further information on Section 106 and Unilateral Undertakings, please see our dedicated page.

Development Management

Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 557779