Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Neighbouring trees and vegetation

Neighbouring trees and vegetation

High hedges

Under the Anti-social Behaviour (High Hedges) Act the council can, at the request of a resident, determine the height at which a hedge must be maintained. To qualify hedges must meet the following criteria:

  • Species must be evergreen or semi-evergreen
  • Two or more crowns must meet
  • The hedge must be over 2m in height

We will only take on cases if you can demonstrate that all other efforts to resolve a dispute have been exhausted.

The fee for conducting a determination is £650.

Contact the landscape services team to discuss your needs.