Fake GOV.UK Emails and Phone Calls

Please be aware we have received reports of fake emails and phone calls pretending to be from GOV.UK being sent to customers in the Braintree District. Please read our news story for more information.

More Information
Protected trees and hedges

Protected trees and hedges

Conservation areas

We hold an online register of conservation areas. All trees with a trunk diameter of at least 75mm, measured 1.5m above ground level, are subject to protection.

If you wish to carry out work to such trees you must inform us at least six weeks prior to your intended work days setting out clearly what work is proposed and providing sufficient information to identify the trees. You may find it helpful to use the TPO application form.

We will confirm your notification has been received with the date of confirmation being the start of the six week period. The council will not issue a decision. Instead, should we object to the work a TPO may be served. If no TPO is served and the six week period has elapsed you are free to commence the proposed works.