Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Wildlife and conservation

Wildlife and conservation


If you believe an offence has been committed either contact the landscape services team or the police wildlife liaison officer.

The council can investigate breaches of wildlife legislation although ultimately the decision to take action rests with the police wildlife liaison officer.

For action to be taken it is important to have evidence that an offence has taken place. It may be insufficient to believe that wildlife has been disturbed if no clear evidence of disturbance is present.

Conservation grant scheme

Funding is available to support planting and other schemes that both benefit local wildlife and are accessible to the public. Please download the guidance notes and application form for more information and to apply.