Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Find an agent or architect

Find an agent or architect

How to find a suitable agent or architect

Making a planning application can be daunting. Many applicants prefer to use the services of a planning agent to help prepare and submit a complete application.

The Council has a policy of not recommending the services of any specific planning agent. However, there are several ways you may wish to find an agent.


An architect is the individual who oversees and manages the entire building project - from initial designs, submission of plans, right the way through to final completion on the ground.

For an individual to use the title "architect" he or she must be registered with the Architects Registration Board (ARB).  The Architects Registration Board is the body set up by Parliament as the independent UK regulator of architects. It is the body which maintains the Register of Architects which lists the name of every architect in the UK. 

Royal Town Planning Institute

The Royal Town Planning Institute is a professional planning organisation. Their planning consultants provide a wide range of planning advice to those seeking paid services.

Yellow Pages

Within the Yellow Pages you should find a list of architects, surveyors and planning agents that may be able to help you.

Planning Aid

Planning Aid offers free, independent, professional advice on planning issues.