Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan
At a meeting of Full Council on the 16th December 2019 it was agreed that the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan should be “made” and become part of the development plan for Braintree District.*
*Please note that on the of 2nd March 2020 Hatfield Peverel Parish Council agreed to alter the extent of the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Area to be coterminous with the new boundary of Hatfield Peverel Parish Council.
Appendix 5: Accompanying documents:
- Basic Condition Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Hatfield Peverel Site Assessments (2017)
- Hatfield Peverel Local Landscape Character Assessmant (2015)
- Hatfield Peverel and Nounsley Character Assessment (2016)
In 2015 Braintree District Council received an application from Hatfield Peverel Parish Council to designate a neighbourhood area under S61g of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended). The application proposed that the neighbourhood area would cover Hatfield Peverel Parish.
In accordance with regulations set out in The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Braintree District Council consulted on the proposed neighbourhood area.
The Neighbourhood Plan application was designated by Cabinet on 30th March 2015. (Regulation 7)
The Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Planning Group produced a Draft Neighbourhood Plan and undertook a pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14)
Essex County Council, on behalf on Braintree District Council produced an SEA screening Opinion of the draft, and statutory consultees were consulted on this document (Ending 12th August 2016).
A 6 week period of public consultation under Regulation 16 was undertaken by Braintree District Council between 9am on Monday 5th June to 5pm on Monday 17th July 2017.
- Consultation Statement
- Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan Reg 16
- Basic Condition Statement
- Neighbourhood Plan SEA Screening Report 2016
- Letter to Parish Council re Hatfield Peverel SEA Screening
Following the Regulation 16 Consultation Braintree District Council in consultation with Hatfield Peverel Parish Council appointed Mary O'Rourke as examiner of the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 17)
The following correspondence has been sent/received from the Examiner:
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 10/BDC/HPNP - 8th July 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 09/BDC/HPNP - 14th May 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 08/BDC/HPNP - 8th May 2019
- Ind Examiner Response 09/MOR/HPNP - 2nd April 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 07/BDC/HPNP - 27th March 2019
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 08/MOR/HPNP -18th January 2019
- Braintree DC Letter to Examiner 06/BDC/HPNP - 15th January 2019
- Braintree DC Consultation Update letter 05/BDC/HPNP - 29th Nov 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 07/MOR/HPNP - 23rd Oct 2018
- Braintree DC - Natural England Response 04/BDC/HPNP - 16th October 2018
- Braintree DC - Natural England Response 03/BDC/HPNP - 1st October 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 06/MOR/HPNP - 28th August 2018
- Braintree DC letter to Examiner 02/BDC/HPNP - 8th August 2018
- Ind Examiner Consultation letter 05/MOR/HPNP - 15th June 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 04/MOR/HPNP - 10th April 2018
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 03/MOR/HPNP - 26th March 2018
- Braintree DC letter to Examiner - Progress Update 01/BDC/HPNP - 19th October 2017
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 02/MOR/HPNP - 20th September 2017
- Hatfield Peverel PC Letter to Examiner - 13th September 2017
- Ind Examiner Correspondence 01/MOR/HPNP - 5th September 2017
Amendments were proposed to the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan as a result of responses to the Regulation 16 consultation in 2017.
A 6 week period of public consultation on the Focused Changes, undertaken by Braintree District Council, took place between 10th May and 5 pm on 21st June 2018 - consultation was on the three specific modifications, Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs).
To read the proposed changes and comments made during the consultation please see our consultation portal. Alternatively, the documents are available below.
- Focused Changes to the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Screening Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment - Environmental Report
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
Following the subsequent Regulation 16 and Focused Changes Consultation, additional work was undertaken.
A public consultation by Braintree District Council on the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan Post Submission Further Changes took place between 11th February & 5pm on 25th March 2019.
The three documents available for consultation were:
- The Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood – Post Submission Further Changes
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) & Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
- Basic Conditions Statement
The documents were also available at the Braintree District Council Offices and Hatfield Peverel Library.
The Council has produced an explanatory note covering the process undertaken since the submission of the Neighbourhood Plan.
The Examiner's report on the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Development Plan - Post Submission Further Changes version was received on 23rd July 2019.
The Council considered the report at cabinet on 9th September 2019.
Braintree District Council confirmed that the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan (The Plan) meets the basic conditions and other legislative requirements. The Plan proceeded to a Neighbourhood Planning Referendum on 28th November 2019
The documents below were also available at the Council’s main offices in Braintree - Bocking End, CM7 9HB and Hatfield Peverel Library.
- General Information Statement on Town and Neighbourhood Planning
- Summary of Representations
- Examiners Report
- Information Statement
- Decision Statement
- The Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum Version
- Notice of Referendum, Poll and Polling Stations
A referendum on the Hatfield Peverel Neighbourhood Plan was held on 28th November 2019 - Declaration of Results
The result was presented to Braintree District Full Council on 16th December 2019
Updated 11th March 2020