Fake GOV.UK Emails and Phone Calls

Please be aware we have received reports of fake emails and phone calls pretending to be from GOV.UK being sent to customers in the Braintree District. Please read our news story for more information.

More Information
Making a building regulation application

Making a building regulation application

Building regulations application forms

You need to apply for building regulations before you start building work.  

There are three types of applications you can make

Full Plans Application

This is the most thorough option. You’ll get a completion certificate within eight weeks of completion of the building work as long as it complies.

Building notice

This type of application is only for smaller projects. You can start work two days after your notice has been submitted. You don’t get formal approval like you do with full plans.

Regularisation Application

You can apply for ‘regularisation’ - retrospective approval for work already carried out without consent.