Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Trees on Council Land

Trees on Council Land

Trees on Council Land

The Council's Landscape Services team is responsible for all trees on land owned by Braintree District Council.

Highway trees and those growing on open space within residential areas administered by Greenfields Community Housing are the responsibility of Essex County Council and Greenfields respectively.

(Please note: Trees on these areas are not the legal responsibility of the District Council but works to them may be covered by a tree preservation order or because they are growing within a local conservation area and will require an application to the Council as the local planning authority.)

Contact details for the above organizations

Essex County Council 

Essex highways - grass and vegetation

Greenfields Community Housing