Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Online forms: Apply for a Building Control notice

Online forms: Apply for a Building Control notice

This form has a maximum of 10 pages

Braintree District Council is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. All personal information is held and processed in accordance with this. Please refer to our privacy notices published for details. Please contact us if you need the privacy notice in an alternative format.

This building notice must not be used if any of the following apply:

  1. Building work is being carried out on a building which the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies or will apply after the completion of the building work.
  2. The work includes the erection of a new building fronting onto a private street.
  3. If the works involve the building over, or within 3m of a sewer shown on the relative map of public sewers.

Please note

A building notice should only be used if you are satisfied that you and/or your builder are experienced and can carry out the construction in accordance with the building regulations without the aid of approved detailed plans. 

Guidance notes, fees and charges