Essex Flood and Water Management team can assist properties at risk of flooding with assessing eligibility for flood grants.
The grant is a part of the Essex County Council five year Flood Prevention Capital Programme (ending 2020) and is just one of the ways in which the programme is working towards the end goal of making Essex more resilient against the effects of flooding and protecting homes and businesses.
The Community Flood Improvement Grant has been designed to work alongside funding programs of other authorities and organisations involved in flood risk reduction in Essex. Those eligible to apply for this new source of funding include but are not limited to:
- Town and Parish Councils
- District, Borough and City Councils
- Community groups
- The Environment Agency
- Water providers (Anglian Water, Affinity Water, Thames Water and Essex & Suffolk Water)
- Essex Highways
- Essex Fire and Rescue Service
- Voluntary organisations, charities and conservation bodies
- Other interested organisations in Essex
For more information on the grant and to begin the application process, please contact Essex Flood and Water Management team.