Find out about having a bonfire

You are allowed to have a bonfire at any time. However, it is better to get rid of your rubbish by taking it to your local recycling centre.

If the smoke and odour from your bonfire affects other people, they can take action under the Anti-social behaviour crime and policing act.

You can find more information on bonfires on GOV.UK.

Building works

You should get rid of waste material from building works at your nearest recycling centre

If you are a builder, you need to be authorised by the Environment Agency to transport waste.

No business should burn waste unless they have a permit from the Environment Agency. Having a permit does not allow you to cause a nuisance.