Report a smoke or bonfire problem

Before you make a formal report of a bonfire, you should try to discuss and resolve the matter with the person responsible for the bonfire or smoke.

If you can't resolve the issue then you should contact us.

Report a bonfire

To report the bonfire you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • a description of the bonfire or smoke and where it comes from

We do not investigate anonymous complaints, so need your details to pursue any reported incidents.


If you fail to comply with a notice, we will prosecute you.

Lighting a fire near a road could cause an accident and you may be guilty of an offence.


Customer Services

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 552525