Air quality and pollution

Industrial air pollution

The Environment Agency deals with major polluting industries such as:

  • power stations
  • and chemical plants

We control pollution from small processes, such as:

  • foundries
  • printing works
  • car resprayers


You need a permit to run these types of processes.

Each permit sets out the standards and conditions which help reduce the amount of pollution given out.

We hold a public register with all the permits which have been given out to local companies. you can contact us if you want to see a copy of the register.


We hold consultations on applications for larger processes.

The public can comment on applications for these permits. 

Customer Services

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today