Stray and lost dogs
If you lose your dog you should report it to us either online or by calling us on 01376 552525.
We may be able to reunite you with your dog if someone has found it.
To report a lost or stray dog, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- the date and time you lost or found the dog
- where you lost or found the dog
- the type or breed of the dog
- whether the dog is male or female
- the age of the dog
- the colour of the dog
- any distinguishing features
We will keep any stray dog we collect for seven days.
You should let us know if you find your dog after you have reported it to us as lost.
Out of office hours
If you find a dog out of hours, please call us on 01376 552525 and leave your details. We will call you back as soon as possible.
Sundays and Bank holidays
We can only register stray dogs on Sundays and Bank holidays, we cannot take them in. A local vet may be prepared to accept a stray dog.