There are small habits which will improve your mile per gallon:
- switch off your engine if you are stationary for more than a minute
- drive in the highest gear possible
- drive smoothly, try to avoid harsh braking and accelerating
- check your tyre pressures regularly
- remove roof racks when not in use
Electric or plug-in vehicles are increasingly popular.
Government funding is available to reduce the initial cost of electric vehicles.
You can also get funding for installing domestic plug-in chargers.
Planning Your Journey
If you use public transport, buying your tickets in advance usually saves money.
If you do travel by road, check for planned roadworks to avoid delays.