We own multiple charging points that you can use to charge your electric car.
- George Yard Car Park, Aetheric Road, Braintree, CM7 1RB
- Causeway House, Bocking End, Braintree, CM7 9HB
- Halstead Leisure Centre, Colne Road, Halstead, CO9 2HR
- Witham Leisure Centre, Spinks Lane, Witham, CM8 1EP
- Braintree Swimming Centre, Charter Way, Braintree, CM77 8YJ
- Enterprise Centre, Springwood Drive, Braintree, CM7 2YN
- White Horse Lane Car Park, Witham CM8 2BU
UPDATE 24 July: Another 4 dual 7kW charging points are now up and running at Newland Drive Car Park, Witham, CM8 2AP
For pay-as-you-go customers, there is a minimum fee of £1.50 plus a £0.30 pence per kilowatt tariff.
How to use the charging points
You can charge your car, in four simple steps:
- To start, connect your cable between your car and the socket on the side of the charging post.
- Place your RFID card on the unit reader for 2 seconds, and follow instructions on the screen.
- Your car will start charging and the lights will go green
- To end the charging, place your card on the reader and unplug the cable
You should move your car as soon as you've finished charging it to allow others to use the charge point.
If you need help to charge your car, you can phone the 24/7 helpline on 0330 0165126.