Why we should cut down on water use
Although we appear to have plenty of rain in the UK, our water resources are under pressure. We use 70% more water today than we did 40 years ago, in fact we live in the driest region in Britain and some areas have a lower annual rainfall than Jerusalem!
By cutting down on our water use, we can:
- Save money, especially if you have a water meter
- Reduce the possibility of water shortages and summer water rationing
- Reduce emissions of greenhouse gases responsible for climate change
- Reduce the amount of energy and chemicals used in the treatment and pumping of water
- Reduce damage to wildlife habitats in wetlands and rivers
Get your FREE water saving kit or home visit
Both Anglian Water and Essex and Suffolk Water companies offer FREE home visits to install water saving devices around the home. Please click on your relevant supplier to book a visit or for further information.
Waterwise is an independent, not for profit organisation focused on decreasing water consumption in the UK and building the evidence base for large scale water efficiency. They are the leading authority on water efficiency in the UK.