Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK


Asbestos at home

Hazardous waste scheme for residents of Essex

The hazardous waste scheme is run by Essex County Council. They will arrange to collect up to 40 kg of bonded asbestos from a residents own domestic residence, free of charge. This will take account of up to 2 sheets or a water tank or a piece of down pipe etc. Larger amounts can be collected by the council’s household hazardous waste contractor at the same time but there will be a charge, which must be paid prior to collection.


Residents will need to wrap the waste in polythene, any sheets and large pieces of bonded asbestos and, that smaller pieces are double black bagged. Any amount in excess of this is regarded as construction waste for which the resident must make their own arrangements to properly dispose of.