Council Discount and Exemptions
Council Tax Annexe Discount
Download and apply
The Council Tax (Reductions for Annexes) (England) Regulations 2013 allows for a property to be discounted by 50% for Council Tax providing the following conditions apply:
- The annexe forms part of a single property which includes at least one other dwelling.
- The annexe is being used by a resident of that other dwelling as part of their sole or main residence.
- The annexe is the sole or main residence of a relative of the person who is liable to pay Council Tax on the other dwelling.
A relative is:
spouse or civil partner, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, great- grandparent, great- grandchild, great uncle, great aunt, great nephew, great niece.
- Two people living together as if they were married or in a civil partnership will be treated as though they were married.
- Step children shall be treated as a persons’ child.
- Please complete the annexe discount form if you wish to apply for this discount.