Moving into our district
You will need to set up a new Council Tax account with us if you have:
- moved into the area from elsewhere
- bought or rented your first home
Using an apple device
If you use an apple device, you may not be able to connect to the website. If this happens, you can fix this by clearing your cache.
How to clear your cache changes with each browser. We have included guides for the common browsers:
If this does not fix your issue, you can contact us and we will help you.
To set up a new account, you will need to tell us:
- your contact details
- the date you moved in
- details of your old address
- details of your new address
- details of anyone who is moving in with you
- how many months you want to pay over, 10 or 12
- your bank account details for your direct debit
Once you have told us you are moving into our district we will:
- set up your Council tax account
- send you a Councl Tax bill
We send you one bill for each year for the period 1 April to 31 March. You bill includes details of:
- the amount due
- any reductions for discounts, exemptions
- any reductions for Council Tax Benefit or Council Tax support scheme
- the amount you must pay and the method of payment
All monthly instalments are due on or before the first day of every month.
If you become liable for Council Tax 1 April we will send you a bill from the date your liability starts until the 31 March. We will set the monthly instalments up for the number of months left until 31 March, less one.
You can sign up to manage your Council Tax account online through Open Portal.