Tell us you are moving

Moving into our district

You will need to set up a new Council Tax account with us if you have:

  • moved into the area from elsewhere
  • bought or rented your first home

Using an apple device

If you use an apple device, you may not be able to connect to the website. If this happens, you can fix this by clearing your cache.

How to clear your cache changes with each browser. We have included guides for the common browsers:

If this does not fix your issue, you can contact us and we will help you.

Register for Council Tax

To set up a new account, you will need to tell us:

  • your contact details
  • the date you moved in
  • details of your old address
  • details of your new address
  • details of anyone who is moving in with you
  • how many months you want to pay over, 10 or 12
  • your bank account details for your direct debit

Once you have told us you are moving into our district we will:

  • set up your Council tax account
  • send you a Council Tax bill

We send you one bill for each year for the period 1 April to 31 March.  You bill includes details of:

  • the amount due
  • any reductions for discounts, exemptions
  • any reductions for  Council Tax Benefit or Council Tax support scheme
  • the amount you must pay and the method of payment

All monthly instalments are due on or before the first day of every month.

If you become liable for Council Tax 1 April we will send you a bill from the date your liability starts until the 31 March. We will set the monthly instalments up for the number of months left until 31 March, less one.

You can sign up to manage your Council Tax account online through Open Portal.

Council Tax

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 557755

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today