Tell us when someone has died

You can tell us someone has died using our online form.

Tell us someone has died

You can let us know about the death if you are:

  • a member of the family
  • the executor
  • a solicitor
  • a friend who is dealing with the deceased's estate

You will need to supply an original copy of the death certificate so we can update our records. We will make a copy of the death certificate and return the original to you.

Once you have told us about the death we will update our records for:

  • benefits
  • Council Tax
  • housing and garages
  • voting and elections
  • bins and recycling

You can also let us know that someone has died by using the Tell Us Once Service on GOV.UK

Tell Us Once is a service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.

A registrar will explain the Tell Us Once service when you register the death.


Council Tax

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 557755

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today