Arrange a home visit
We can come to your home to help you complete your claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support form if you have difficulty getting to our office due to:
- health problems
Due to the high volume of work at present, contact the Benefit Team on 01376 557852 to discuss your circumstances before completing the form.
You will need to arrange a home visit using our online form.
To complete this form you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- the date and time you would like your appointment
You must give us at least a week’s notice before the date you want the appointment.
When we receive your request, we will contact you within three working days to
- discuss your details
- confirm your appointment date and time
During your home visit, we can:
- help you complete your Housing Benefit application
- help you complete your Council Tax support application
- give you information about other benefits and schemes available to help you
Our visiting officer carry an official identification badge with a photograph on and a contact number. You can call our benefits team to check the officer is a genuine caller to your house.