Apply for Universal Credit

If you are of working age, you will need to apply for housing costs through Universal Credit.

Apply for Universal Credit

Universal Credit can also help with living costs it is replacing the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance 
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance

You can use the benefits calculators on GOV.UK to find out:

  • what benefits you could get
  • how to claim
  • how your benefits will be affected if you start work

You can contact us if you need help with your Universal Credit claim.

You will still need to apply directly to us for Council Tax support.

Change of circumstances

If you are receiving a benefit but are not on Univeral Credit, you may need to make a claim for Universal Credit if your circumstances change.

You can contact our Benefits team to find out if you need to make a claim for Universal Credit.


Benefits Advice

Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 557852

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today