Appeal your Council Tax band

We don't set the Council Tax band for your property.

Council Tax bands are set by the Valuation Office Agency.

If you think your Council Tax band is wrong, you can appeal by writing to the local Valuation Office Agency.

You can write to them at:

The Valuation Officer for Braintree District
Valuation Office Agency
Durham Customer Service Centre
Wycliffe House
Green Lane
Insert Braintree when you address your post to them.
You can also phone them on 0300 0501501

You must keep paying your bill while the Valuation Office Agency is dealing with your appeal.

If your appeal is successful the Valuation Office Agency will let us know. If you have overpaid we will issue a refund.


Council Tax

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 557755

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today