Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) you should only send us information and supporting documents online. Our offices are closed except by appointment.
You must tell us immediately if your circumstances change in a way that may alter your entitlement to any discount or exemption.
To tell us about a change of circustmces that may affect your discount or exemption, you will need:
- the names of the Council Tax payer
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your Council Tax number
- details of any discounts or exemptions you are getting
- the details of the change in circumstances
- the date your circumstances changed
After we receive your new details
Once we have received your change of circumstances, we will decide:
- if you should stop getting your discount and send you a new bill
- or tell you why you still receive a discount and write to you to explain why
When you submit your application for discount you declare that the information you have given is true to the best of your knowledge.
We will take action where we believe that you have knowingly supplied false information to obtain a financial benefit to which a person is not entitled.
Appeal against our decision
If you disagree with our decision about your application for discount, you can read our page on how to appeal your Council Tax bill.