Understanding your Council Tax bill

We collect Council Tax to pay for local services.

We issue one bill for each home, no matter what type of property it is, or if you own it or rent it.

You can look at GOV.UK to find out who is responsible for paying Council Tax.

Your bill is based on your Council Tax band and the personal circumstances of the person occupying the property.

The Valuation Office Agency allocate Council Tax bands. You can make an appeal if you think your Council Tax band is wrong. 

When we collect Council Tax, we keep around 10 percent of it for the services we provide. We pass the rest of the money to:

You can find out more information about your Council Tax in the brochure we send to every household in April.

You can view the Council Tax brochure online.


Council Tax

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 557755