Council Discount and Exemptions
Students and student nurses
Download and apply
What is classified as a Student?
- A foreign language assistant registered with the Central Bureau for Educational Visits, Exchanges.
- Undertaking a full time course of education and is enrolled at a prescribed educational establishment on a course of at least one year (normally for 24 weeks during the year where study, tuition or work experience is an average of 21 hours each week)
- Undertaking a qualifying course of education and is aged under 20 years
What is not classified as a student?
- On a full time course of education
- Undertaking the course as a result of employment
- An apprentice or youth training trainee
- Primarily taught through correspondence
The course must:
- be more than 3 calendar months duration
- average more than 12 hours per week
- be carried out between the hours of 8am and 5.30pm
A Student Certificate (available from the place of study) will be required as proof.
A student nurse is a person who is:
Attending a college of nursing and midwifery, or a college of heath, and the course, if successfully completed, would lead to first registration on the Register maintained under section 10 of the Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors Act 1979.