Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Recovery & Billing

Recovery & Billing

Registering for Council Tax

If you are moving into the District you can now use our new moving in form.  This will send your details directly to our Council Tax team.

Register for Council Tax

You are sent one bill for every financial year (1st April - 31st March).  It shows the amount due less any reductions for discounts, exemptions or Council Tax Benefit/Support scheme.  It shows the instalments that must be paid and the method of payment. All monthly instalments are due on or before the 1st of every month.

If you become liable after 1st April you will be billed from the date that your liability starts until the end of the financial year and the number of instalments offered will be the number of full months left in the financial year, less one.

From April 2013 Legislation allows customers to request 12 monthly payment instalment. Please contact the Revenues office on 01376 557755 for more information.