Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Council Discount and Exemptions

Council Discount and Exemptions


Download and apply

Council Tax disregard form for carers

Under council tax legislation a person is considered to be a carer if they are:

1. Providing care to a person entitled to one of the following benefits:higher rate

  • Attendance Allowance
  • The highest rate of the care component of a Disability Living Allowance
  • An increase in a Constant Attendant Allowance
  • An increase in his/her Disablement Pension
  • The highest rate of Constant Attendance Allowance payable on top of full rate Disablement Benefit paid for an industrial injury

2. Resident in the same property as the person they are providing care for

3. Providing care for at least 35 hours per week on average

And they are not:

  • The partner of the person being cared for
  • The parent of the person being cared for if that person is a child under 18 years old