Minibus Hire Scheme
Download and apply
Once completed please make your payment of £25 by either;
Sending a cheque made payable to Braintree District Council to:
Braintree District Council,
Or by calling 01376 557883 to pay with a debit card between the hours of 10.00 and 15.30 Monday to Friday
How much does it cost?
Membership costs £25.00 per year.
What the Scheme provides
Any voluntary group can hire one or more minibuses with a driver or as self-drive. All drivers are fully trained to MiDAS standard (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme) and checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We have 5 fully accessible minibus which carry 12 passengers each. The buses are specially equipped with removable seats to accommodate up to 2 wheelchairs per minibus and have hand rails, low entry steps and a tail lift.
Minibuses can be hired for many purposes which include:
- Day trips
- Lunch clubs and day centres
- Support Groups
- Rehabilitation groups
- Educational trips and after School activities
- Scouting and Guiding expeditions
- Most other social activities
How it works
- Hire charges which include fuel are charged at £1.50 per mile (minimum fare £30.00)
- Trips will be quoted at time of confirmation
- Invoices will be sent after the trip has taken place however you can pay at time of booking
- Minibuses are available to hire 7 days per week, 24 hours per day
- Journeys must be requested at the latest the day before travel is required, however it is advisable to give as much notice as possible
- Minibuses can be booked as far ahead as desired however confirmed bookings which are cancelled by the customer will be charged a fee of £25.00
- Ad hoc, regular and block bookings can be made and quotes are available on request
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 01376 557883 or email us where our friendly staff will be happy to help.