The Community Right to Challenge is part of the Localism Act 2011. It allows an expression of interest in taking over and running a local authority service by:
- voluntary groups
- community groups
- parish councils
- local authority employees
We invite relevant groups to make an expression of interest between 1 April and 31 May every year.
You cannot make an expression of interest in services where an existing contract is in place. You can look at our procurement portal to find out about our contracts.
You must send your expression of interest to our Procurement team at Causeway House.
We will carefully consider each expression of interest we receive. Our Cabinet will decide if an expression interest meet the Government's legal framework.
When we receive your expression interest we will:
- write to you to confirm we have received it
- let you know our decision within 90 days
If we accept your expression of interest we will start a procurement exercise following:
- the principles set out in our Procurement Policy
- the regulations in our Constitution relating to financial and contract procedure rules
- the Public Services (Social Value Act) 2012
- the general duty of best value in the Local Government Act 1999