Antisocial behaviour is behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons, not of the same household.
Antisocial behaviour can take different forms including:
- noisy neighbours, noise that most people consider unreasonable
- people who are drunk disorderly
- environmental offences
If you are experiencing any forms of antisocial behaviour you can:
- speak to your housing association or landlord if you are a tenant
- if your complaint is about a tenant of a property speak to their landlord or housing association
- call Essex Police on their 24 hour non-emergency number 101
- tell us about it
- contact Victim Support
We may recommend you consider mediation for issues such as:
- actions that are likely to be considered normal everyday activities or household noise.
- actions which amount to people generally being unpleasant to each other.
For more information on mediation that we can offer referrals for, please visit the Essex Restorative and Mediation Service.