Antisocial behaviour case review
An antisocial behaviour case review gives victims and communities the ability to demand action by asking for a review of their case.
You can ask us to carry out an Antisocial Behviour Case review if you:
If you live in our district, can ask us to carry out an Antisocial Behviour Case review if you feel the agencies dealing with your reports of antisocial behaviour have not responded adequately.
You can ask for an Antisocial Behaviour case review if you:
- have reported antisocial behaviour to us, Essex Police or a housing provider 3 or more times in the last 6 months
- have reported a Hate Crime incident us, Essex Police or a housing provider 3 or more times in the last 6 months
- have reported the Anti-Social Behaviour or Hate Crime within one month of the alleged incident taking place
Ask for an Antisocial Behaviour case review
You can ask us to carry out Antisocial Behaviour case review online
To complete this form you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- your email address
- details of your case including when you have reported antisocial behaviour
You can find more information by downloading and reading the Essex ASB Case review guidance.
The Community Remedy gives victims a say in the out of court punishment for perpetrators of low level crime and antisocial behaviour.
You can find details of this scheme on the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex website.
Between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023 we received nine applications for an Antisocial Behaviour Case review. We carried out five Case Reviews, with one of these resulting in recommendations being made. Four applications did not meet the threshold for a Case Review to take place.