Drugs and alcohol

There are a range of services that provide help or advice on drugs and alcohol issues.

Essex Police

You can report drug or alcohol related crimes and activities, to Essex Police:

  • on their 24 hour non-emergency number 10
  • through the Essex police website

In an emergency, always ring 999.

Open road

If you are an adult you can contact Open Road, who are a registered charity providing drug and alcohol treatment. 

Open Road can help you with:

  • assessments
  • key working
  • counselling
  • acupuncture
  • Chinese herbs
  • shiatsu
  • aromatherapy
  • homeopathy and aftercare

You can contact Open Road:

  • by phone on 0844 4991323
  • through the Open road website

Essex Young Peoples Drug and Alcohol Services (EYPDAS)

EYPDAS work with young people up to the age of 19 who are affected by substance misuse, either their own or significant others. 

EYPDAS confidential services include:

  • advice
  • support
  • assessment
  • counselling

You can contact EYPDAS:

Victim Support Service

Victim Support is an independent charity which helps people cope with crime. They have a network of local branches covering the whole of England and Wales. 

Their trained officers can offer various services including:

  • someone to talk to in confidence,
  • information on police and court procedures
  • help in dealing with organisations
  • links to other sources of help

You can contact Victim Support:

Al-Anon Family Groups

Al-Anon Family Groups UK & Eire is there for anyone whose life is or has been affected by someone else's drinking.


Other services

You can also find help and support at:

  • ALCO Help on 0800 448 8688
  • Needle Exchange through Braintree First Stop Centre on 01376 346535

Community Services

Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today