Become a Green Heart Champion
If you are passionate about where you live, join our Green Heart Champions who help keep the district clean and tidy.
You don't need to have any experience, as we provide free training. We also hold events for our staff and volunteers.
You can volunteer whether you have a little bit of time now and then, or can help out on a regular basis. As long as you have enthusiasm, there are opportunities near you, whatever your age or skills.
Once you’ve joined us, we will send you
- a Health and Safety booklet
- your equipment including litterpicker and gloves
- purple bags for the litter you collect
When you have collected some litter in a purple bage, you can:
- tie them up and leave them beside any public litter bin for our crews to collect or
- Arrange with us to pick them up from an agreed colleciton point
You can contact our street scene team for more information on becoming one of our champions.