Our Community Safety Partnership has set up the Spot it Stop it" scheme to raise awareness of child exploitation.
The scheme encourages businesses to sign up, to receive awareness training to increase their knowledge of child exploitation including:
- the signs to look out for
- how to report concerns
The training will help you to reassure the public, parents and carers that
- your premises are a safe place for young people to visit
- that you takes child exploitation seriously
- you will not tolerate child exploitation
So far we have trained more than 70 members of including national businesses such as:
- Premier Inn
- Pizza Hut
To be part of the scheme, your business needs to:
- attend staff training awareness sessions
- follow a set of standards to ensure that children and young people are safe in their establishment and to deter perpetrators from operating in and around their premises
- display the logo on their premises to reassure young people and members of the public that they operate a safe environment, and to deter perpetrators.
- have a zero tolerance policy to exploitation
If you’re a business and would like to sign up to the scheme or find out more, you contact our Community Safety team.
You can find out more about the work of our Community Safety Partnership.