Social Car Scheme
Once completed please make your payment of £20 by either;
Sending a cheque made payable to Braintree District Council to:
Braintree District Council,
Or by calling 01376 557883 to pay with a debit card between the hours of 10.00 and 15.30 Monday to Friday
How much does it cost?
Membership costs £20.00 per year.
What the Scheme provides
If you live in the district the Social Car Scheme can help you access your local community and its services.
- Get to and from any local health appointment
- Local shopping
- Visiting friends and family
- Day Centres
- Anywhere locally you want to go
How It Works
- Each journey costs £3.50 for up to 5 miles or 70p per mile if your journey is over 5 miles
- Fares are payable in cash and receipts are available on request
- Payments can be made in advance if handling cash is difficult - please discuss with the office
- The service operates 7 days per week from 08.30 until 17.30
- Journeys must be requested at the latest the day before travel is required, however it is advisable to give as much notice as possible
- There is no upper limit to the amount of journeys you can book however all requests are driver and vehicle dependent
- Journeys can be booked as far ahead as desired
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 01376 557883 or email us where our friendly staff will be happy to help.