Fake GOV.UK Emails and Phone Calls

Please be aware we have received reports of fake emails and phone calls pretending to be from GOV.UK being sent to customers in the Braintree District. Please read our news story for more information.

More Information
Concessionary fares scheme

Concessionary fares scheme

Applying for an older persons or disabled persons bus pass

Apply for bus pass

From 1 October 2012, if you live in Essex and are applying for an older persons or disabled persons bus pass for the first time, you need to apply to Essex County Council.

What to do if you have lost your pass

Anyone in the Braintree district who wants to replace a lost or broken pass, you can download an application from canigetapass.org.uk  Forms are also available from libraries, or call 0845 2000388.


Current pass holders who have passes due to renewal will be automatically sent replacements, rather than having to reapply. however, if pass holders have moved since their current pass was issued they should contact Essex County Council on buspass.team@essex.gov.uk  or by calling 0845 200 0388.