Committee meeting details
View meetings and minutes
Braintree District Council has four committees which deliver the Council's Scrutiny Function:
- Performance Management Board (formally the Overview and Scrutiny Committee)
- Corporate Governance Group (formally the Governance Committee)
- Community Development Group
- Partnership Development Group
In the past, the Overview and Scrutiny Committee and the Governance Committee held the Cabinet to account. However, it was agreed at the AGM on 21st May 2019 that these Committees should be replaced by four Scrutiny Committees. These Committees will hold the Cabinet to account and support the development of the Council's policy frameworks.
The statutory elements of the work previously carried out by the Overview and Scrutiny Committee and the Governance Committee will be undertaken by the Performance Management Board and the Corporate Governance Group respectively.
The Agenda and Minutes of the former Oveview and Scrutiny Committee and the Governance Committee are available to view on the Council's website.
- View the agendas and minutes for the former Overview and Scrutiny Committee upto 27th October 2016
- View the agendas and minutes for the former Overview and Scrutiny Committee from 27th October 2016
- View the agenda and minutes for the former Governance Committee upto 27th October 2016
- View the agenda and minutes for the former Governance Committe from 27th October 2016
Updated: 20th August 2019