We have to publish certain information under the Local Government Transparency Code 2015.
You can re-use this information (excluding any logos) under the terms of the Open Government Licence.
We share information on our constitution.
Our constitution shows;
- how we operate,
- how we make decisions
- the procedures we follow to make sure our decisions are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people
The Department for Work and Pensions is responsible for investigating Housing Benefit fraud.
As part of the National Fraud Initiative, we share information on our investigation of non-benefit fraud such as council tax and non-domestic rates.
In 2021/22 we:
- number of occasions they use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers – 0
- employed one Fraud Officer (0.97, full time equivalent)
- employed two professionally accredited counter fraud specialists. Our Fraud Officer and our Audit, Insurance and Fraud Manager are accredited counter fraud specialists
- spent £50,514 on the investigation and prosecution of fraud
- total number of fraud cases investigated – 287 new fraud cases raised
We offer grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations.
We publish information about the grants we have awarded:
- Health and Wellbeing Grants
- Braintree District and Eastlight Community Fund Grants
- Grants awarded by current Councillors
- Grants awarded by retired Councillors
- Other Grants
For grants awarded by current or retired councillors, select a Councillor and then click on the ‘Councillor Grant Scheme’ tab.
We publish our structure chart in April and September.
Our structure chart covers staff in the top three levels of the organisation and includes:
- job grade
- job title
- service, department, and team
- if the role is permanent or temporary
- if the role is full or part-time
- number of direct reports
- salary in £5,000 steps including salary ceiling
We share information on the roles and responsibilities of our Corporate Management team.
We share our Budget Book. Our Budget Book has details of the budget for each service area.
We share information about current vacant posts.
We provide details of our gender pay gap.
The parking accounts provide a breakdown of income and expenditure on our parking service.
We share parking accounts information from 2014 to 2021.
The North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP) Joint Committee produces an annual report which provides a breakdown of the enforcement activity and financial performance in each of the partner areas.
We provide details of the number of off-street and on street parking spaces.
We provide details of the spaces available in the local authority area and details of any charges that apply for Braintree and Witham car parks.
We share information on the 10p parking scheme.
The pay multiple is the ratio between the highest-paid taxable earnings and the median earnings figure for our workforce.
Year 01/04/2021-31/03/2022 our pay multiple was 4.96:1.
We don’t publish information about:
- a Government procurement card, as we do not own one
- waste collections, as these are dealt with in house
You can find our current and awarded contract and tender opportunities by searching Contracts Finder on GOV.UK.
Further information can be found on our 'contract opportunities' and 'contract register' pages.
Spending over £250
We publish monthly reports of payments we made to suppliers over £250.
Social housings asset value
We transferred our housing stock to Greenfields Community Housing Association in 2007. Now known as Eastlight Community Homes.
We closed our Housing Revenue Account on 31 March 2012.
Trade Union Facility Time
As we are a public sector organisation, we must report on our trade union facility time as required under the Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 and the Transparency Code.
Total number of Trade union representatives and full-time equivalents
Trade union representatives (Unison & GMB): 6
FTE trade union representatives: 6
Percentage of working hours spent on facility time
0% of working hours: 0 representatives
1 to 50% of working hours: 6 representatives
51-99% of working hours: 0 representatives
100% of working hours: 0 representatives
Total pay bill and facility time costs
Total pay bill: £18,291,000
Total cost of facility time: £6100
Percentage of pay spent on facility time: 0.03%
Paid trade union activities
Hours spent on paid facility time/TU activities: 48
Local Authority Land
We share the details of our land and building assets.
This page was last updated on the 18 August 2022.