Business Growth Services
Services we offer
As well as providing a range of direct services to help meet your business needs, we work with our partners in the South East to help growing businesses access the best advice and support available through the BEST Growth Hub. The Government’s Business Portal also offers a range of business support including finance, growth and support for your business sector.
Braintree District Council is now able to offer bespoke business support (mentoring) to small businesses via Locase. This support is completely free of charge to the business and is funded with ERDF funds. Find out more on our mentoring webpage.
- Industrial unit front improvement scheme (closes on 18 December 2020)
- South East Businees Boost - Support, guidance and grants for small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups in the South East.
- LoCASE - Helps small and medium sized businesses adopt eco-innovative and low carbon solutions.
- Essex Young Entrepreneurs - Support for young adults seeking to start their own innovative business.
Councillors' Community Grant scheme - Organisations and groups can apply for funding to support local projects and initiatives that will benefit the people of Braintree District.
- KEEP+ - A new ERDF programme that offers 50% grants for marketing and consultancy support.
- SECCADS - For Creative, Cultural and Digital businesses looking to grow.
- TALE - Transport and Logistical Efficiencies: Free support and funding contributions to SMEs in the transport and logistics sector or with a logistics function.
Lets do Business
This is a new group delivering busisness support serice to aid recovery of Essex's economy from the impact of COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Lets do Business
The new service, ‘Back to Business’ (www.backtobusinessessex.co.uk) is very much complimentary to the various business support provisions that already operate across Essex. . Let’s Do Business Group are an approved lender of the Government’s CBILS programme along with a number of additional financial solutions.
SME support (excluding micros and sole traders) will broadly cover the following areas, with up to 12 hours free advice and guidance provided, and expert referrals made where appropriate:
- Finance and Risk (Loans etc.)
- Customers/Marketing (e.g. pivoting your business may mean you’ve lost existing customers, found new, transitioning to digital presence etc.)
- Supply Chain (e.g. protection, opportunities etc.)
- Workplace Operations/Digital Transformation (e.g. transition to new environment)
People (e.g. HR/employment law, recruitment/apprenticeships, training/re-skilling etc.)
If you are thinking about expanding your business in the Braintree District, visit our commercial property page to see if we have a property to let that matches your business needs.
Advertise your business
We offer a range of options to advertise and promote your business to potential new customers. Visit our advertising and sponsorship page for more information.
Selling to the Council
Find out more about supplying your services to us.