Small business rate relief
You can get small business rate relief if:
- your property’s rateable value is less than £15,000
- your business only uses one property. You may still be able to get relief if you use more than one property
What you get
You will not pay business rates on a property with a rateable value of £12,000 or less.
For properties with a rateable value of £12,001 to £15,000, the rate of relief will go down gradually from 100 per cent to zero per cent.
When you get a second property, you’ll keep getting any existing relief on your main property for 12 months.
If you use more than one property
You can still get small business rate relief on your main property after this if both the following apply:
- none of your other properties have a rateable value above £2,899
- the total rateable value of all your properties is less than £20,000
You can download and read our Discretionary business rate relief policy.
You can use our online form to apply for small business rate relief.
Apply for small business rate relief
To complete this form you will need:
- you name, address and contact details
- the name and address of your business
- your business rates account number from your business rates bill
- the rateable value of your property from your business rates bill
You can contact our Business rates team if you have any questions about small business rate relief.