Housing Advice and Homelessness
Duty to Refer
Certain public bodies have a duty to refer to someone (with their consent) if they believe them to be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless within 56 days.
Whether subject to the duty to refer or not, any agency can refer someone (with their consent) who they believe to be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless within 56 days to Braintree District Council's Housing Options Team using our Duty to refer online form.
To make a referral you will need to:
- Have consent of the person you are referring, including that you can give us their contact details so that we can contact them.
You will also need:
- Your name and contact details
- The name and contact details of the person you are referring
- To give us information about their homelessness
- To tell us if the person you are referring has support or health needs.