Major housing grants

We make major housing grants for:

  • installing hot water or heating systems
  • repairing hot water or heating systems

You can apply for a major housing grant if you are:

  • an owner occupier of a property
  • a leaseholder with at least five years lease remaining and have a repairing responsibility for the property

The property you want to repair, must be your only or main residence and must have been in your ownership for at least three years. For first time buyers, you must have owned the property for at least 12 months.

Major housing grants are means-tested and you must repay the grant in full when you sell or transfer the property.

You can contact us to apply for a major housing grant.


Environmental Health

Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today