Supporting and getting involved in the Green Heart
Other ways to show you care
- Join a Green Heart activity near you such as maintaining a wildlife area, tidying a local area, or picking up litter in your streets
- Make sure you recycle and compost what you can, encourage your family, friends and neighbours to do the same
- Keep your own garden tidy and attractive, encourage your neighbours to do the same or have some fun by doing it together. You could offer to help those who are unable to tidy their garden for themselves
- Send us your photographs - we are looking for beautifully observed, well composed pictures of our district. The pictures will be used to promote our district and Green Heart campaign. Send your photos to [email protected] or send them to us on our Braintree District Council Facebook page.
- See it Report it – if you see litter or other unsightly problems you want dealt with, tell us. Call 01376 552525. See more ways to report a problem.
- Keep it tidy – dispose of litter gum and cigarette butts properly and encourage your family and friends to do the same
- Reduce, reuse, recycle and compost wherever you can.
There’ll be rewards on offer to all our supporters including free entry into regular prize draws. We might also be able to help by supplying equipment such as litter picks and high visibility jackets.